Build a website with “Enrollment Building” in Mind!
You website is your online business card and it is vital that your website it attracting families to your child care business.
Several months ago, a parent called me to enroll her preschool age child. I asked her if she would like to schedule a tour and she said, ” No I have already made my decision to enroll, I love your website!”
I thought wow! She made her decision based on my website.
However, I still insisted that the mother come to the center to meet the staff, see the classrooms and meet with me. The day that the mother met with me she told me that, she was still convinced that my center was the best place for her child.
Today I want to inspire you to experience what I felt the day that the parent told me that she made her decision to enroll her child based on my website.
Here are 15 steps to building a website that compels parents to enroll their child in your child care business:
1. Be sure to include your prices on your website, including your registration fee
2. Include photos of children engaging in activities or give a virtual photo tour ( get the parents permission)
3. Upload enrollment forms to your website
4. Upload menus to your website (use www.scribd.com)
5. Include Curriculum Information in the form of a download
6. Describe what a day is like in your program for each age group on your website
7. Invite parents to join your email list (mailchimp.com)
8. Connect your social media pages to your website
9. Create an Owner or Director’s Page on your website
10. List any accomplishments such as: Accreditation, Licensing or Recognitions Received. Don’t Forget the Parent Testimonials!!
11. Create a tab for every program: Infants, Preschool, After School and/or Summer Camp
12. Don’t forget the contact page that includes your phone number, address and email address
13. Update your content on a weekly basis
14. Include your calendar of events
15. Finally add a Staff page on your website. Be sure to include staff requirements and what it is like to work in your program. This is a great way to attract the best employees. Moreover, include how potential employees can apply for employment in your child care business.
I look forward to checking our your website, so be sure to post a link to your website below! For more enrollment building tips, be sure to check out my Marketing 101 toolkit!
With Your Success in Mind,
Be sure to subscribe to my Weekly Child Care Business Owner eNewsletter and email updates!