Next to having a Dynamic Curriculum, it is vital that you train your staff to deliver a Dynamic preschool or Child Care Program. Today I am going to share with you 5 easy ways to train your staff, so that children in your program are provided with High Quality Preschool or Child Care Experience.
1. Hire teachers that have experience and seek to hire teachers with early childhood education from an Accredited College. In fact, I believe that quality care begins with educated and trained staff.
2. Before you allow your new teachers or assistants to work in your classroom(s), Schedule a training day. At your training; give your teachers a description of your curriculum and a handbook about your classroom. If you want quality services you must have a written plan, train your staff on the plan and follow-up to see that your teachers are implementing your guidelines.
3. Require that your teachers attend workshops on curriculum development, health,safety & nutrition, Physical Environment and Parent Communication.
4. Develop an observation and mentoring plan for your teachers and provide them with resources that will empower them to become dynamic teachers.
5. Finally, Consider having weekly or monthly quality care meetings. In your meetings, it is vital that you tell your teachers how they are doing, offer them quality care tips and get their feedback.
Its time to get to work on empowering your staff! More to come…
With a Dynamic Preschool Program in mind,