This blog post is an excerpt from my Director’s Handbook.
Creating a winning team is a vital part of providing quality child care care.
In fact, a winning team starts with having a great coach, “The Director.” You are the coach of the team and you call all the plays. When you fail to call plays, the team does not know which way to go.
It is your role to communicate with the team on a regular basis and make sure that all the players are doing their part on the team, because what one player does not do, affects the entire team.
Teamwork is birthed
When you concentrate on
“ We” instead of “me.”
~ John Maxwell
Tips for Building a Winning Team
- Stay focused on the Big Picture…your center’s goal
- Be sure that your staff members are positioned where they have the most value
- Deal with the weak links…immediately
- Inspire your staff to make things happen
- Give your staff direction and confidence
- Keep bad apples by themselves, if possible or get rid of them
- Hold staff members accountable
- Communicate…Communicate and interact!
- Keep the morale high by having fun
- Promote unity with social gatherings
- Reward your staff for their efforts
- Show them you care and challenge them to be the best
For more tips on how to effectively manage your team or your Child Care Center, download my Director’s Handbook
You may also want to Check out my Art of owning a Center Audio Coaching Series!