If you get control of your time, you will get control of your life. ~ Bob Harrison
It’s time to double your power and your personal effectiveness!
If your goal is to expand your business or to simply improve the business that you currently have, mastering your time has to be apart of you going to another level.
In fact, if you do not learn to effectively manage your time, you will easily become burn out and will be not be able to effectively mange your business.
The Top “2” Time Wasters of all:
- Social media
- Reading Email
We are living in the social media and study shows that people are spending more and more time online. However, I have found that spending too much time online can take you away from what is important.
My suggestion to you is for you to plan a certain time everyday that you dedicate to marketing your business online, reading email and for learning new information.
Furthermore, I suggest that you review my Online marketing plan e-book to find out how you can effectively market your Business Online utilizing free social media tools. Those tools will allow you to schedule your post ahead of time and spend the rest of your time running your Business!
I want to inspire you to evaluate how you spend your time; do more of what you love or High-Pay off tasks, delegate low pay- off tasks and start taking control of your time. Most of all, start getting some results!
Here are some examples of what I define as High-Pay Off and Low-Pay Off task
- Marketing your Business
- Planning for your Business Growth
- Evaluating the Daily Operations of my business
- Delegating task that can be done by someone else
- Attending Training Seminars that are related to your goals for the year
- People Development…Training Staff/Others
- Short to do list
- Doing High Priority task first
Low Pay off Items & Time Wasters
- Spending too much time reading email
- Spending more than 30 minutes scrolling through social media sites
- Long conversations on the phone when you could be planning, reading a business book or spending time with family
- Long to do list (10 or more important task a day)
- Subscribing to blog and websites that do not provide you with information that lines up with your goals
- Handling unexpected situations that occur throughout your day
To Your Success,
Are you struggling with Managing your Child Care Business or Your time? Contact me today to schedule a 1-hour Time/Business Management Coaching Session!
The child care field is known for having a high turnover rate. In fact, research has indicated that the high turnover is due to low wages and many other work place issues that I don’t want to waste your time covering in the blog post.
However, I do want to share with you that I have found that wages is not the only reason that employees leave.
In my 14 years of being an employer, I have found that employees leave for the following reasons:
- They want more money
- Employees tend to leave because of issues with management
- Issues with their co-workers
- They are not happy working for you
Today I want to share with you 6 easy ways to reduce your turnover rate and strategies that will empower you to create a great place to work.
- Grow as a Leader. When you grow as a Leaders, you change the way that you lead your team. In fact, you will improve your leadership skills.
- Edify your staff daily. I challenge you to intentionally say something positive about their performance daily. We all need encouragement. (A Positive word is as medicine to the soul)
- Increase What you do for your team. Every year I evaluate what I’m already offering my team and I increase what I do for my team. (If you think that doing more will cost you; it will cost you to keep losing good employees. For example: If you already buy your team lunch once a month; now it may be time to buy lunch twice a month. I think you get the point.
- Coach Your Team. Investing in your team is one of the greatest gifts that you can give to your staff. Look at it this way: when you coach your staff, they feel that you value them and that they are worth your time. Be a coach, not a Boss!
- Offer incentives. Your employees work for you because they love what they do and they also want to get paid for a job well done. However, it is always a nice bonus to work for a boss that offers incentives. Incentive ideas: Perfect attendance, enrollment referral incentives, job referrals, special gifts for a job well done, etc. Incentives are a great way to motivate your employees!
- Build a Culture of Family. I treat my employees like they are my family. I care about what goes on in their lives and offer my assistance when they face difficult times. I celebrate their birthdays and celebrate special events in their lives. Moreover, I believe that creating a Family like culture will cause your employees to be loyal to your business. When you show your employees that you care, they will be loyal to your Business! Make people your first priority!
I have implemented all five of the strategies above in my Child Care Business and it works! In fact, I have recently heard employees tell me that they want to retire from Learning Days and their feedback inspired me to offer a Retirement plan in 2017!
If you are having issues with employee turnover or having trouble managing employees, contact me today for a One-hour Child Care Business Management Coaching Session. Click here
Be sure to subscribe to my 7-day Child Care Business Management ecourse.
To Your Success,