Several Years ago I was listening to an audio series by Bob Harrison (Doctor Increase). Mr. Harrison ran a successful car dealership in California for many years and now he travels the world and teaches success principles.
One of the principles that I learned from Mr. Harrison was this: Manage Your Business by walking around ! In fact, he called it a MBWA in Business!
I use that principle today in my child care facilities. I manage my facility by walking around. Moreover, you could let the video monitoring cameras do the work, however, nothing can take the place of good old fashion walking around and observing your staff.
Today I am going to share with you 5 things that you should look for when observing your staff and what to do with the observations.
- Is the teacher interacting with the children.
- Observe to see that the children are engaged in the activities.
- Does the room look safe?
- Is the teacher following your center or program classroom policies?
- Is the teacher of aware of the needs of the children in care?
Now that you have done the observation, you must do the following:
- Schedule a time to give the teachers your feedback
- Share what you loved about the observations
- Share areas that need improvement.
- Get feedback from the teacher
- Plan a follow-up observation to look for improvement, then schedule a follow-up meeting.
For more staff management tips, be sure to subscribe to my 7-Day Child Care Business Management eCourse. You may also want to download a copy of my Director’s Handbook.
With your Success in Mind,
Empowering Center Owners to Succeed!
Owning a Child Care Center is a very rewarding business and it takes a very creative individual to operate a child care center.
As a Center Owner of Over 10 years, I know first hand that it takes plenty of energy to manage a childcare center and a ton of patience.
Moreover, the challenges seem to never end and that is why it is very important that you grow as a business owner.
Furthermore the best thing that you can ever do for your self and for your center is to grow as a Business Owner.
To grow as a business owner it is vital that you have access to information that will empower you to succeed and that is what the Child Care Center Owner’s eClub will do for you!!
In the Child Care Center Owner’s eClub, you will be Provided with information that will empower you to:
- Become a Dynamic Leader
- Discover How to Effectively Manage Staff
- Learn How to Think Big for Your Business!
- Improve your business management skills including: Enrollment Building/Marketing strategies
- Build a Quality Center (health/safety, curriculum, administration, family interactions tips,etc)
- Weekly eCourse tips
- Downloadable Forms
- Resource Links
- Email Support
Are you ready to grow as a Leader, Reduce your level of frustration, Discover how to be the best boss ever, improve your business skills and connect with other big thinking center owners?
Join the Child Care Center Owner eClub Today for only $9.97.month!
When you join the eClub, you will receive a Free copy of :
The Art of Owning a Child Care Center ebook!
See You in the Club!
You must be logged in to post a comment.