Today I want to inspire you to create a dynamic preschool program. In fact, I believe that a dynamic preschool program begins with the Curriculum. Furthermore, I have discovered that parents tend to choose child care program, based on their curriculum program.
Please allow me to use my Center as an example. In my Child Care Center, I pull ideas from several researched based Curriculum programs, including:
- Creative Curriculum
- Reggio Emelio
- Project Construct
- High Scope
- along with Biblical Principles from Abeka Curriculum
Moreover, our goal is to meet the developmental needs of the children and provide a high quality preschool program. Furthermore, I have found it to be so boring to use one curriculum and this is why I pull principles from the curriculum programs listed above.
Furthermore,the principles that we implement in my center (from the curriculum programs listed above) have been proven to prepare our preschoolers for school success!
I am in no way endorsing any of the curriculum programs above, however, I am encouraging you to take a closer look at your Curriculum and consider getting new ideas for your Child Care or Preschool Program.
Also, it is vital that you pick and Implement a curriculum model that fits into the mission of your childcare program.
Curriculum is not only about learning the alphabet and numbers; however, Curriculum is what you do from the time that the kids arrive until they go home.
Here are 5 Easy Ways to Create a Dynamic Preschool Curriculum Program:
1. Start by Creating a brochure that describe your Curriculum in an overview format: Monthly themes, the letter, shape, color of the month, character development topic, social skills focus, etc) By reviewing the researched based curriculum programs above, you will gain some ideas for your brochure.
2. Set-up enriching learning centers in your classrooms.
3. Create a Daily Schedule
4. Require that your staff complete and post lesson plans. (based them on the curriculum theme and developmental needs of the children)
5. Create a System that tracks and assesses the development of the children in your program.
If you don’t have the time to develop your very own curriculum; I have done the work for you in my Curriculum Club. My Curriculum club derived from my 15 years of writing lesson plans and implementing research based curriculum in my program. Check it out Today! (click here)