Expect the unexpected because life is full of surprises.Things that you can’t prevent from happening because they’re meant to happen, but instead of running away from it, you should embrace it, solve it and learn from it.
~ Melchor Lim
The Business of Child Care seems to come with the expected and God knows I’ve had my share, including:
- A Sudden drop of enrollment
- Employees leaving without giving adequate notice
- Enrollment increases dramatically and I needed to hire more staff…and Fast!
- And many other unexpected situations that I choose not to post online
Furthermore, having unexpected situations has helped me to learn how to think fast and it also caused me to realize that you must be at your best self emotionally and physically in this Business or you will easily burnout.
Whatever your unexpected situation may be today, just know that everything happens for a reason and there is always a new lesson to be learned. Most importantly, be patient and don’t give-up!
Today I want to share with you 5 things to do when the unexpected happens:
- Stay calm. You will make better decisions when you are at peace.
- Stay positive. Negative words will only make your circumstances worse.
- Focus on what’s most important in your Business and do that.
- Reflect on the unexpected situation; Has this happened before? Can I prevent this from happening again? If not, do I need to change my perspective?
- Be willing to do whatever it takes until things are back to normal.
Feel free to leave your comments below and I will join the conversation soon.
Subscribe to my enewsletter and email updates today and claim your free gift! click here.