The month of May is a very busy month!
In fact, the month of May is a big month for graduations along with Mothers Day, Teachers appreciation day, Cinco de mayo and Memorial Day.
I don’t know about you, but I have to start planning early for the month of May to avoid that overwhelming feeling that comes with planning too many events.
Several years ago, As I wrote my Curriculum Club lesson plans for the month of May, I included a bonus form that provided the members of my club with planning ideas for the month of May.
My Event Ideas included:
- Cinco de mayo activities
- Teacher Appreciation
- Muffins and Mom
- Year end/Preschool Graduation planning ideas
As a gift to you, I thought I would share this link with you: Tips for Planning May Events For Your Child Care Business
I hope to see you in my Curriculum Club Soon and I look forward to reading your comments about this blog post.
With Your Success in Mind…
Easter is only a week away and I wanted to share some Easter party planning tips with you!
- If you will have egg dying activities, invite the parents to boil eggs at home and send the eggs with their children on Thursday or Friday of this upcoming week. Having the parents to boil eggs will save lots of time.
- Invite a parent to assist you with hiding eggs on the playground for your egg hunt. (Also, be sure to invite parents to send an Easter basket for their children.)
- Decorate your classroom tables with spring colors: Purple, pink or yellow table cloths, Hang purple & yellow streamer, then add some festive helium Easter balloons to your classrooms.
- Be sure to serve some Easter decorated cupcakes or cookies!
- For some cool craft ideas, be sure to check out Pinterest, click here
- Don’t forget to share the Easter Story with your little ones! click here
What do you have planned for Easter? Please leave your comments below….