Over the years, I have noticed that it is easier to get the mothers involved in my program. In fact, it seems like the dads prefer that the moms get involved. However, after holding a Donuts with Dads event at my childcare facility and watching the effect that the event had on the children, I have decided to inspire the Dads to get more involved in my facility.
Today I am going to share with you 7 ways to get the dads involved in your program:
- Get to know your dads by talking with them on a regular basis
- Ask dads for their opinion about program events or policies
- Invite dads to host an annual car wash to help raise funds for your program
- Dad love sports, so be sure to plan sports related days such as: baseball cap day,etc.
- Host a super bowl event for dads at your facility
- Ask dads to donate male related items for the dramatic play area(s)
- Invite the dads to come by your home or center to talk with the children about their profession
This is just a small list of ways to get the dads involved in your program. Moreover, I believe that when dads get involved in your program, that it will compel more single dads to bring their children to your program and the kids will be so proud of their dads!
Do you have any ideas on how to get dads involved? Feel free to share!
With Dads in Mind,