As I prepare to host the upcoming Child Care Business Owner Teleseminar, I decided to do some research on what is trending in the Child Care Industry for 2014 and I discovered the following Trends on the National Association For Family Child Care website:
1) Competition from other child care programs will continue to increase.
2) There will be more competition from providers exempt from regulation.
3) There will be more competition from large child care centers.
4) Parents will demand more from their caregiver and will be more likely to leave one program
5) There will be a greater demand for specialized services.
6) It will take longer to fill child care openings.
7) More parents will be looking for objective standards of quality.
8) More child care programs will close because of financial pressures.
9) Providers who have good business skills and the ability to communicate with parents will be
more likely to succeed.
My Thoughts about the Trends
I was not surprised to see the above trends, because the #1 complaint that I hear from home providers is: How do I increase my enrollment?
With more competition out there, it is vital that you become a master at marketing your Business and discovering how to stand out from all the rest.
Moreover, parents want quality care and if they have to go from one child provider to another to get it; they will do that. One way to assure that you are providing high quality care is to become an educated early childhood professional and/or seek to get your Child Care Program Accredited.
My family home Child Care Business was Accredited by the NAFCC along with my Center. Furthermore, being Accredited caused my program to standout from the rest and because I provided a high quality program, my family turnover rate was very low. In fact, the average family stayed with me for five years.
According to Trend #8, many day cares will close due to financial pressures, however, I believe that once you learn how to effectively manage your money, you can make it in any season in this business.
Finally, I totally agree with Trend #9, it is vital that you have good Business Skills and master the art of communicating with parents. Parents used to be my #1 issue in my home daycare, however, after educating myself on how to deal with difficult parents and discovering the key to communicating with parents, that is no longer an area that I struggle with.
So with that said, if you want to beat the odds in this business, discover how to deal with the challenges in the industry including: building enrollment and improving your Business Skills, You must grab my Business Makeover Teleseminar audio replays and Virtual Makeover kit today! click here
To your success,
Get Empowered in 2014 by Joining the Family Home Child Care Empowerment Club (1-year Membership Club)!