As I was preparing for an upcoming training with my new staff members, I was searching the internet for ditto sheets.
I was not looking for the ditto sheets to be used in my child care program, however, I was looking for samples of ditto sheets to use in a hands-on-training with my new staff members.
Furthermore, as I was looking for sample ditto sheets, I came across a great website titled: Pre-K pages.com.
On the website, there was an article titled: Teaching Without Worksheets!
Moreover, I thought the article was very insightful and gave clear reasons why teachers should re consider using work sheets in their classrooms.
I have not used work sheets in over 13 years in my preschool classrooms and the article above, reassured me that I made the right decision.
I want to encourage you to take a moment to visit the website, because it is loaded with a wealth of teaching resources and I thought this would be a great resource for Home providers and Center Staff!
Check it out today!! Click here
“I would love to hear from you!! Simply reply to this email and tell me how things are going in your Business!”
Have you checked out the Child Care Business Owner Curriculum Club? If not, click here
Do care for children between the ages of 2-5? If so, I want to inspire you to take a closer look at your Preschool Program. In fact, the next time that you receive a phone call from a parent; I want you to confidently say this: I have an amazing Preschool program!
Moreover, with more Public schools offering preschool programs, I believe that it is vital that home daycare Providers and Center Owners, offer parents a Full-Day Preschool Program.
Furthermore, parents want their kids in an educational environment and they love the convenience of having all their kids (including their infant-toddlers) in the same place.
Today I am going to share with you 10 ways to Build a Preschool Program in your Home or Center:
- Implement a Research Based Curriculum in your Preschool Program. Ideas: Creative Curriculum, High Scope or even Project Construct, High Reach and that’s just to name a few. You can even check out my Curriculum Club. (12 month membership club)
- Provide daily activities that stimulate the minds of preschoolers such as: Art, science, music, handwriting, dramatic play, manipulative and even some opportunities to cook.
- Plan your day with a daily schedule that offers a variety of active & quiet activities. Click here
- Keep track of each child’s development by assessing the children’s development on a quarterly basis. Download Developmental Assessment forms.
- Hire Teachers with early childhood education or if you are a home provider, consider taking some early childhood classes.
- Set up an environment that is fun and enriching for preschoolers. Moreover, the environment should include Learning Centers: Blocks, dramatic play, Art. Science, reading center, sensory table, etc. ( Home providers, see my article How to Create a Preschool in your home)
- Provide parent-teacher conferences at least once a year. At your conference, be sure to share feedback about each child’s progress and get feedback from parents. (click here)
- Send home weekly progress reports for parents. This is a great way to inform parents of their child’s progress in your preschool program.
- Create a Preschool Supply List! Parents love the idea that their little ones are going to school. Here are a few items that you may want to put on your Preschool Supply list: Markers, Crayons, Tissue, Nap time linen, Writing journal, extra clothes for Cubby, hand wipes and back pack.
- Market your Preschool Program. Be sure to include your preschool program on your website, on your brochures, flyers and banners. For more marketing ideas, grab my Marketing 101 toolkit!
Bonus: Find out what other preschool programs in your area are offering parents and do something different!
That’s all for now and It’s time for you to get to work on your preschool program! I want to hear from you, so be sure to leave your comments or questions about this post. Talk to you soon!
Need my assistance? Contact me today for Coaching!