Your Environment Sells Your Program
Many years ago, I discovered that when parents visit your program, they use their senses to make a child care decision. In fact, when they walk into your home or center, parents immediately notice the following:
- The sounds in the environment, such as singing or laughing
- How the environment smells
- The look of the environment
Before you schedule your next tour or interview with a parent; Lets take a look at what you must do to create an environment that sells your Child Care program.
- Be sure that your home or center has a fresh clean scent. Most of the parents that visit my center, always comment on the fact that there are “No odors” in the building.
- Consider Scheduling tours during structured times of the day: circle time, lunch or story time. Transition times, may not be the best time to do a tour, because the children are loud and you may even hear screaming or yelling.
- De-clutter your classroom space.
- Post the children’s work on the wall.
- Have bulletin boards that includes: a daily lesson, plan, menus, events and daily schedule.
- Be sure that the chairs are pushed up to the table and toys are not all over the floor.
- Remove all damaged items from the environment and dust regularly.
- Post bright colorful educational posters or projects on the walls.
I think you get the point! Parents love a place that smells great; they will choose a childcare program based on the environment and you want parents to hear pleasant sounds when they enter your facility for the first time. The first impression…is a lasting impression.
With Your Success in Mind!
When you subscribe to my weekly enewsletter, you will gain free access to my Family Home Child Care Empowerment Club or my Center Owner eClub. Join today!
You must be logged in to post a comment.