I had a great time with my staff at our Annual Summer Safety training/meeting. I believe that quality care is safe care and a few years ago, I have made it a tradition to start my Summer Camp off with a Safety Training.
After the training, I feel that my team is empowered to have a fun and safe Summer.
I share many of my Summer Camp secrets in my Summer Camp Planning guide, however, today I want to share 10 ways to have a fun and Safe Summer with you!
2. Create a first aid kit for field trips and for the van
3. Invite parents to send sunscreen, sunglasses or sun hats for outdoor time
4. Take the water play outdoors this summer!
5. Be sure that you have at least 2 people on site, who are trained in first-aid & CPR.
6. Do not take children outdoors if the weather is above 90 degrees.
7. Refrain from using wading pools and if you have a filtered pool, be sure that there is a trained life guard on site.
8. Be sure that the ratio on field trips is at least 1-to-5 for preschoolers and 1-to-8 for school age children. (Exceed state ratios on field trips to assure a safe and fun time)
9. Create a van check list for field trips that instructs staff on head count procedures, etc. Always double-check vans, even after you have counted all the children.
10. Take the water pitcher and disposable cups on the playground so that children will have access to drinking water at all times.Have a Safe & Fun Summer!
Get Inspired This Summer and Sign-up for information about my Summer Coaching Series!