I invited a group of ladies to attend my Doing Business by Faith Prayer Circle on Saturday March 11, 2017. My Child Care Business Journey has been fun and came loaded with lots of challenges. However, I have learned from my challenges and I look forward to inspiring other Business owners with my story.
At the Prayer Circle I shared my Start-up Story and by my surprise my daughter captured a Video of my talking about how my poor credit score had an impact on the amount of money that banks would lend me. Moreover, I made the best out of what the banks and local lenders gave me and moved forward by Faith.
Watch the video now and I look forward to your feedback below.
This video clip is only a 5 minute clip of my Expansion challenges, however, I have expanded successfully several times and I wrote a book about how to effectively expand a Child Care Business.
If you desire to expand, I want to invite you to check out my Child Care Business Expansion Guide.
As I write this blog post, One year ago today I relocated and expanded my Child Care Business.
I can hardly believe that it has been a year since I expanded and I must say that a year goes by fast when you are super busy and having fun.
November 28, 2014 was a very emotional day for me; It was the end of a location full of so many wonderful memories and the beginning of a new season for my Business.
Today I want to share with you how this expansion has inspired how I view Business Growth.
- If you have a dream to grow your Business, you must know that it will soon be a reality. For 12 years, I wondered what it would be like to have one large location. My Business grew from a 1600 sq ft to 6,000 sq ft location.
- Allow your friends and family to help you. Trying to expand alone is a ton of hard work and besides, you would be surprised at how much others really want to be apart of your Success.
- Focus! As I expanded, I only had energy to focus on license visits, getting what I needed for the Business, communicating with employees and spending time with my family. When you are growing a business, it is vital that you choose what you focus on.
- It’s time to think differently. When you change your thoughts and learn new information, you will change your results. The way that I operated my old location is completely different from how I operate my new location. I spend more time, greeting parents, conducting tours and planning for the Business.Now I have site supervisors, my husband helps me to run the Business and I train my staff to be more self disciplined.
- Be Confident and Positive! You will enjoy your Success more when you are positive and build your Business with confidence. I have not always felt confident on this journey, however, I’ve learned to fake it til I make it. People are attracted to confident and positive people. So smile more, trust that you can do it and walk with confidence!
- There are families that need your Services. When I expanded my center, I had less than 30 children at my old location. 22 families came with us and now we service over 70 families. I am so happy that I expanded!
Do you have a goal to expand or Grow your Business in the near future? If so, I want to invite you to connect with me in 2016 and join my Child Care Business Mastermind group. Click here for more info.