Does your childcare program offer a before/after school program for school-age children? If so, does your environment include: word puzzles and literacy games?
According to a December 2, 2010 School-Age Notes Newsletter, ” Word puzzles and games are a great way to increase children’s vocabulary and spelling skills.”
“As human beings, we have a natural compulsion to fill empty spaces.”
– Will Shortz, crossword puzzle creator and editor
Here are some online sites to provide you with some printable puzzles for school-age children:
- www.puzzlechoice.com/pc/Kids_Choicex.html – printable puzzles for children
- www.abcteach.com/directory/fun_activities/crossword_puzzles/ – printable puzzles with a variety of themes, such as contractions, homophones, baseball and dinosaurs
- www.boatloadpuzzles.com/playcrossword, – 40,000 free crossword puzzles that can be solved online
- http://webcrosswords.com/ – crossword and word search puzzles
Thanks for stopping by the Child Care Business Owner Blog. Be sure to share your feedback about this blog post.
Leave a Reply