One of the benefits of caring for young children is the simple fact that you have the opportunity to provide healthy and delicious meals! Moreover, as a childcare provider, your role is very important in assuring that children are provided with healthy meals. Furthermore, Kids love to eat, so why not serve more fruits that they love, such as Apples!
Also, as I write this blog post, we are less than a week away from September and when I think of the month of September, I think of APPLES!
In fact, Apples are loaded with nutrition and makes a sweet delicious snack. In 2010, a nutritional consultant hosted a healthy eating training with my staff and I. After that training, we decided to serve more whole fruits and serve less cookies & cakes.
Today I am going to share with you, 10 delicious and “sweet” healthy snack ideas that includes….A-P-P-L-E-S! (The snacks below meets the CACFP Guidelines)
- Apple Slices and Peanut butter *** In the event of a peanut allergy, serve deli meat
- Apple slices and Yogurt
- Apples Slices and Cheese Slices
- Apples Slices and Wheat Crackers
- Apples Slices and Pretzels
- Apples Slices and Graham Crackers
- Apples Slices and Rice Cakes w/peanut butter
- Apples Slices and Animal Crackers
- Apples Slices and Gold Fish Crackers
- Apples Slices, Tortilla Chips and Salsa Dip
If you incorporate at least 2 of the snack listed above on your weekly menu, you will have snack ideas for 5-weeks! For more snack or menu planning ideas, be sure to check out my Healthy Child Care menus ebook.
With Healthy Kids in Mind,
Follow me on Twitter @ccarebusiness and @shiketamorgan