Developing good habits at an early age and scheduling regular dental
visits helps children get a good start on a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums.
~American Dental Association
February is National Dental Health Month and the American Dental Association (ADA) sponsors National Children’s Dental Health Month to raise awareness about the importance of oral health.
If you have not already been promoting Dental Health in your childcare business, today I want to inspire you to promote Dental health by planning a Dental Health Day. Need some ideas? I have lots of ideas!
1. Contact a local dentist and ask if he or she would like to donate dental health literature for your Dental Health Day. Also ask for tooth-brush/tooth paste donations.
2. Set up a table near the sign-in/out area and provide parents with Dental health literature. Get articles here
3. Provide the children with dental health activities. For ideas, click here
4. Invite a Dental health professional to stop by your program to talk with the children about taking care of their teeth.
5. Create a Banner on your Computer that Reads: We love healthy Teeth at ” Your Program’s Name.”
Those are just a few ideas and I hope that you have been inspired to promote dental health during the month of February!
For more Dental health ideas, visit the following websites:
Be sure to check out my latest ebook: The Art of Owning a Child Care Center
Leave a Reply