Children love to play outdoors and they seem to care less about the temperature outdoors. In fact, they just want to play outdoors. However, it is your responsibility to make outdoor time a fun, safe and healthy experience.
Moreover, it is very important that you assure that children stay hydrated when they are playing outdoors, because children can dehydrate easily.
Here are 5 Ways to Keep Children Cool and Hydrated on the Playground:
1. Provide a shaded area for the children to relax and get out of the sun. Consider adding a tent or umbrella on the playground.
2. Take the water and cups outdoors. Having water available for the children will assure that children stay hydrated while outdoors.
3. Set-up a water table on the playground. Playing in water helps to keep the body cool.
4. Go outdoors before 10am or after 4pm.
5. Turn on the sprinklers on extremely hot days!
If you love the ideas in this blog post, be sure to leave your comments below and share this post on your social media pages. Are you planning a summer camp? Need ideas? Download your copy of the Summer Camp Planning eGuide Today!