I love it when the holidays come! In fact, I look forward to taking photos of all the fun enriching holiday activities that my staff and I plan for the children during the months of November and December.
Moreover, I just love the spirit that is in the air during the holidays. Furthermore, every year for the last 14 years, I have planned many of the same events and activities that have now become a tradition in my childcare business.
Today I am going to share with you some of those activities and events with you!
Decorate the Christmas Tree Day
On this day, invite the parents to bring an ornament for their children to hang on the tree. Be sure to take photos to share with the parents
Plan a field trip to a local nursing home or school, so that the children have an opportunity to do some Christmas caroling.
Bring a Toy to School Day
The day after Christmas, invite the children to bring a gift that they received for Christmas to share with their friends.
Christmas Decor ideas
Decorate your home or center with plastic poinsettias and garland. Don’t forget to play holiday music throughout the day!
Holiday Fun with the Staff
Hang a stocking for every staff member and encourage the staff to periodically bring small gifts for one another. This will create more unity amongst the staff.
Fun art Activities:
- Painting with candy canes
- Making gingerbread houses with graham crackers, white icing and gum drops
- Make a Christmas paper collage with scraps of wrapping paper
- Encourage the children to spray snow on your windows or even paint a snow man
- Add peppermint extract to the paint. The kids will love that scent while painting.
- Add Christmas related cookie cutters to the art Center to enhance play doh fun
- Make ornaments for the tree. You will need a hole puncher, yarn and construction paper
- Give the kids green yarn and encourage them to create a Christmas tree. You will also need glue and scissors for the children to cut the year.
I hope that you have enjoyed the holiday ideas! Do you have ideas? Feel free to share your holiday fun ideas below.
Leave a Reply