How to Have More Successful Licensing and Food Program Monitoring Visits
How was your last licensing or Food program monitoring visit? Were you in compliance?
I must say that if your last visit was perfect, then you may already know the key to having successful licensing or food program monitoring visits.
If your visits were not perfect, don’t worry; today I am going to share some success strategies with you, that will empower you to be more prepared for UN-announced and announced monitoring visits and have more successful licensing visits!
1. Develop this mindset. Treat everyday as if you will have a monitoring visit. In fact, this mindset will eliminate the stress that you feel when you have an UN-announced monitoring visit.
2. Review Food Program paper work on a regular basis. Review your food program forms and attendance records on a daily basis; total forms every week instead of once a month. File food receipts daily or once a week. Be sure that menus are posted and save all food program records for at least three years. Be sure to review any new policies and keep them posted as a reminder.** Be sure that parents are signing children in/out of the program.
Center Owners! Don’t forget to conduct an annual staff training of the food program regulations and update Income Eligibility forms once a year.
3. Conduct Your Very Own Licensing Inspections. Once a month, evaluate your program based on licensing regulations and if you notice violations, correct them as soon as possible. Also, be sure to train your staff on licensing regulations and test their knowledge in staff meetings.
* Be sure that every child’s enrollment form is thoroughly completed; immunizations are up to date along with physicals. *Don’t forget to check the staff records for required documents!!
4. Signs are helpful: Be sure to post licensing guidelines to serve as a friendly reminder and change the signs as needed.
5. Stay Focused. Develop a system and stick to it! In fact, I suggest that you create a checklist, to assure that your home daycare or child care center is in compliance with your local Licensing office and/or Food program. Again stay focused on your goal to having successful visits and I look forward to hearing about your next monitoring visit!
To your success!
Resources For You!
The Art of Owning a Child Care Center
Family Home Child Care Empowerment Club
You must be logged in to post a comment.