The #1 way to have a successful childcare business is by building and maintaining enrollment. Child care is a need all over the world. Working parents and College students all over the world need childcare. The key is to find out where they are and draw them to you. Here are five ways to build enrollment:
1. Offer a Trial Day. Offering a trial day sends that message that you are confident about your program and you want them to give it a try. In most cases, if the child loves the program, the parents will too.
2. Create an incentive program for your current customers/parents to tell other families about your program. Offer a discount when the referred family enrolls.
3. Get the Staff involved. At weekly meetings, announce your enrollment openings and encourage staff members to tell families about the program. Offer a monthly bonus or incentive to staff members that refer families.
4. Hang Balloons along your playground fence. This will draw attention to your building and give the impression that you are open for childcare business.
5. Advertise, Advertise! If parents do not know that your business exist, they will not come to you. Here are some suggestions to boost exposure to your program: advertise with your local yellow pages, the local child resource and referral agency, place flyers in local businesses, send flyers to the local schools, create a free website and join free social networking sites such as facebook, twitter and myspace.