I can hardly believe that June is already here! In fact, it seems like I was just writing my business goals for 2013 and here we are half way through the year.
This week, I thought I would share some fun Summer Camp Activities with you to provide you with more great ideas for the kiddos enrolled in your Summer Program or Camp.
In fact, I love it when the summer comes, because it usually means; more kids, lots of warm weather, fun field trips and lots of fun Summer Fun!
Here are my Top 5 Summer Camp Activities:
- Painting while wearing Sunglasses. This activity is so cool. Simply invite the children to wear sunglasses while they are painting!
- Painting with Flip Flops. Provide the children with old flip-flops, construction paper and paint. Instruct the children to dip their flip-flops in the paint to make flip-flops imprints on the paper.
- Summer T-shirt Art. Simply give each child a white t-shirt, provide the children with paint and seashells to make seas shell imprints on their t-shirts. Be sure to paint the words: Summer Camp!
- The Tiny Tot Travel Station. I borrowed this idea from the mailbox magazine about 10 years ago and I still implement it in my program today. Simply, provide the children with luggage, travel brochures, a telephone, luggage tags to practice writing skills, add clothing to practice packing skills, post travel deals on the wall and to enhance the children’s imagination; encourage the children take a trip to their favorite place by boarding their pretend airplane. Be sure to make a big sign that is Titled: Tiny Tot Travel Station!
- Beach Ball Fun Outdoors. Be sure to take beach balls outdoors to have lots of Summer Time Beach Ball Play!
What do you think about my top 5 summer camp activities? Feel free to share your top 5 Summer time activities. Be sure to Subscribe to my weekly Child Care Business Weekly eNewsletter or Email tips. Click Here
Have a Great Summer!