As I write this blog post, One year ago today I relocated and expanded my Child Care Business.
I can hardly believe that it has been a year since I expanded and I must say that a year goes by fast when you are super busy and having fun.
November 28, 2014 was a very emotional day for me; It was the end of a location full of so many wonderful memories and the beginning of a new season for my Business.
Today I want to share with you how this expansion has inspired how I view Business Growth.
- If you have a dream to grow your Business, you must know that it will soon be a reality. For 12 years, I wondered what it would be like to have one large location. My Business grew from a 1600 sq ft to 6,000 sq ft location.
- Allow your friends and family to help you. Trying to expand alone is a ton of hard work and besides, you would be surprised at how much others really want to be apart of your Success.
- Focus! As I expanded, I only had energy to focus on license visits, getting what I needed for the Business, communicating with employees and spending time with my family. When you are growing a business, it is vital that you choose what you focus on.
- It’s time to think differently. When you change your thoughts and learn new information, you will change your results. The way that I operated my old location is completely different from how I operate my new location. I spend more time, greeting parents, conducting tours and planning for the Business.Now I have site supervisors, my husband helps me to run the Business and I train my staff to be more self disciplined.
- Be Confident and Positive! You will enjoy your Success more when you are positive and build your Business with confidence. I have not always felt confident on this journey, however, I’ve learned to fake it til I make it. People are attracted to confident and positive people. So smile more, trust that you can do it and walk with confidence!
- There are families that need your Services. When I expanded my center, I had less than 30 children at my old location. 22 families came with us and now we service over 70 families. I am so happy that I expanded!
Do you have a goal to expand or Grow your Business in the near future? If so, I want to invite you to connect with me in 2016 and join my Child Care Business Mastermind group. Click here for more info.