At the beginning of each business year, I host a staff development meeting. The objective of the meeting is to inspire my staff to grow and think like professionals.
In my 21 years in this field, I have found that the more that I learn, the more that I would grow as a business owner.
Moreover, I found that as my team grew, it only helped the Business Succeed.
When I opened my home daycare, I had no college or childcare education. In fact, I only had a medical assistant certificate.
However, when I went back to school and majored in early childhood, I was inspired to grow my business. So as you can see, as you increase your knowledge, you expand your capacity for growth.
Today I want to share some ideas with you that will inspire you and your team to grow as early childhood professionals:
- Subscribe to the Child Care Exchange Magazine. Its a great way to gain access to leadership resources and child development articles. Visit http://www.childcareexchange.com to sign up for their amazing enewsletter.
- Make over your lesson plans by subscribing to the Mailbox. The mailbox is loaded with a wealth of theme related activities and forms. Visit http://www.themailbox.com.
- Become a member of Naeyc. Naeyc is a great place to stay up to date on early childhood news and they have great child care magazines as well along with their annual Naeyc Conference. Visit their site today http://www.naeyc.org.
- Focus on growing as a business leader in 2020. My mentor John Maxwell said: Change the Leader, change the Business. Subscribe to John Maxwell leadership emails at http://www.johnmaxwell.com. (Be sure to check out his wonderful leadership books).
- Meet with a Business Coach on a monthly basis. A Business coach will hold you accountable for attaining your business goals and inspire you to go to another level. Also, I believe that you should pick a coach that’s been on the journey where you want to go. For coaching options, visit my coaching page and I look forward to coaching you in 2020! click here
Its time to get busy on your professional development plan for 2020, because growth is waiting for you!!
Check out my new book, Build Your Business by Faith