How to Train a New Child Care Worker?
However, before I share the links with you, I want to share 5 Effective Ways to Train a New Child Care Worker:
- Plan a new employee orientation that consists of the following: meeting co-workers, review job duties, give the new employee a tour of his or her work environment, plan time to complete tax forms; review policies and procedures,etc.
- On the employee’s first day; provide hands-on-training for the employee or pair the employee up with your best worker. (Modeling is a great way to train new employees)
- On the second day, give the employee some space to do his or her job and stay close by to answer any questions.
- At the end of the employee’s work week, ask the employee how did his or her week go? Get feedback and provide support!
- Take some time to observe the employee during the first 3 weeks of employment, because the way that an employee is trained, is how they will continue to work.
For more staff management resources I would like to recommend that you check out the following:
21 Day Mastermind eCourse (find course in online Institute)
The Art of Owning a CenterTo Your Success!