You must have a plan to be a Successful Child Care Business Owner!
At the beginning of every year, I create a professional development plan for my self and I require that my staff create their very own professional development plan.
Furthermore, I believe that creating a professional development plan is a sure way to grow as a Business owner and a Child Care professional. So, let me ask you a question? Have you developed a professional development plan for this year yet?
If not, I want to share with you a sample Professional Development plan for the upcoming year!
- Plan to attend a Leadership Conference every year. Your Business will rise or fall on your ability to lead. Not sure where to go? Check out the Chic Fila Simulcast or a live conference this year. click here You will be so glad you attended a Leadercast!
- Create a Plan to earn the required clock hours for your state. I suggest that you take a variety of classes on various topics such as: Curriculum development, Health & Safety, Program Planning, etc.
- Subscribe to a Business Magazine. Reading business magazines will inspire you to be innovative in Business and adds more excitement to being a Business owner! My favorite is the Entrepreneur Magazine.
- Read more early Childhood magazines and articles. This is also a great way to stay up to day on new issues in the field of childcare and to refresh your knowledge.
- Get a Business Coach! Having a Business Coach, provides you with the support that you need as a Business Owner and a good coach with coach you out of your comfort zone. Need a coach, contact me today!
That was just a brief overview of what a professional development plan looks like, however, I think you get the point; you must have a plan to be a Successful Child Care Business Owner!
To Your Success,
Leave a Reply