Social media in 2010 will cease being the shiny new object
and instead, become part of the everyday lexicon of business.
~Charlene Li, Altimeter Group
I’ve been marketing my Child Care Business on facebook since 2009 and I must say that social media has increased my Business exposure. Furthermore, I love the fact that it is free advertising!
Does your childcare business have a Facebook Page? If not, are you wondering why you should market your business on Facebook?
Here is a great reason.…According to the Facebook press room, there are over 500 million active users and people spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook. Furthermore, 70% of Facebook Users are outside of the United States and this increase your chances of doing business on an international level.
Having a Facebook page for your business is not only free, but it is a great way to market your child care program online and build your brand. I challenge you to market Your Business on Facebook daily.
Why daily? Repetition and Consistency is one of the keys to building a strong brand for your Business!
There is no longer a need to spend hundreds of dollars on advertising, when you can advertise your childcare business for Free on Facebook.
Here are 3 effective ways to build your business brand while marketing your business on Facebook:
- Share photos of classroom activities at least once a day. This sends the message that your program is an educational place for young children. (get parents permission to share photos)
- If you are enrolling, be sure to only promote that you have openings at least once a week and add an now enrolling image for parents to share with their Facebook friends. (You don’t want to spam your followers)
- Be sure to share only quality photos and do a spell check before posting a status
- Only post information that is related to your childcare business or parenting (it will help to build your brand)
- Consider Investing in Facebook ads. You can get advertising for as little as $5 and it will reach up to $2,000 (targeted) people.
I look forward to reading you thoughts about this post, so be sure to leave your comments below and feel free to share a link to your childcare business facebook page!
“For more online marketing tips, Check out my Marketing 101 toolkit.
Be sure to watch the video below!